Followers

November 25, 2009

The Essentials

Yesterday Sharon (Daffycat) shared her essential stitching items on her blog and asked to see what other stitchers couldn't live without.

Here's the "must have's" on my list.


A hoop - I use a hoop for my larger projects, I have 4, 6 and 8 inch hoops. For smaller pieces, like ornaments, I usually stitch in hand.

Scissors and fob - I like to use my fob (this one received from Nita in an exchange) as a pincushion for my needle too when I have to put it down for a minute or two. I also have a little pair of scissors that fit into my container for "stitching on the go". Unfortunately, I don't have a "real" pair of embroidery scissors, but maybe Santa will help me out with that this year!

TUSAL container - must keep all those thread clippings!!

Little pot - since I only add thread clippings to my TUSAL container, I keep this cute little striped pot nearby. It will hold everything from fabric remnants & DMC bands to snack wrappers :)

Floss organizers - I use two systems to hold floss for my current projects. I'll either use a floss tag (this one from Theresa in an exchange) or this blue container my mom found at the dollar store. I love this little divided container, I can hold threads for multiple projects all in one place!

Pill bottle - this fits just perfect inside my little blue container and is where I keep spare needles.


Well, there you have it! What are the items you can't live without??

2 comments:

Daffycat said...

Ooo, great essentials, Cole! I really love that great little box.

Theresa said...

This box is sweet!!!!!
And I'm glad to see my ring tag is in good use~~~~