Followers

January 22, 2010

Instant Gratification

It's been a very trying tiring week for me this week. I've been running around like crazy, lots of unexpected things happening, working overtime, blah, blah, blah. I've been drained by the time I've plopped myself in my "spot" in the evenings. So drained in fact, I've barely put a needle to fabric (a shame, I know!). But on the bright side, I don't have to concentrate as much when I crochet, so that's what's been happening :)

I've been making "bunheads" for the ballerinas in my life lately. My daughter gifted three of them to the other girls in her ballet class for Christmas. These are the ones that have been made since then. A couple of these I made for my daughter and a couple will become part of a birthday gift real soon. The instant gratification comes from the fact that it only takes about 15-20 minutes to make one of these!!

** After spending $7 on one, I figured I should be making my own. The store bought one is in this pic too. It makes me feel like singing "One of these things is not like the others..."

Here's how they look while in use :)


The hardest part was making one big enough for all my daughter's hair!! Her hair is so thick, it's disgusting... Can you tell that she doesn't get that trait from me?? LOL

There's more crocheting that's happened lately that I haven't shared yet too. I've been lazy & haven't taken pictures of the Christmas gifts I made my girls. Soon, I swear. I think that's more of a promise to myself than anyone else, but if I share it here then I'll have to get a move on. Right?

9 comments:

Nancy said...

These are very pretty, and nice colors too! Hope you have a restful weekend.

Carol said...

What a neat idea! Having had only boys, I wasn't even aware that ballerinas wore anything on their heads... Yours look beautiful and I honestly can't pick out the store-bought one so you should be very proud :)

Meadows08 said...

I remember buying a bun holder for my daughter and it was around $10! What a great idea and a great gift too.

nima said...

wow...very pretty

Pumpkin said...

Very nice! That's a great idea :o)

Myra said...

I can't tell the difference in the picture - great job!

Lorilee said...

Great job!! You are very talented, like Myra I can't tell the difference either! I guess I know who to call when Anjali get s to ballet age! :-)

stitchinfiend said...

Very nice bun holder and such quick finishes.

Siobhan said...

What neat little bun holders! My daughters have thick hair, too. I feel your pain! LOL