Followers

February 6, 2010

For my Girls

As I mentioned earlier, I made my girls a little something for Christmas. Well, to be perfectly honest, only one was finished by Christmas, the other I finished up on Boxing Day. Note to self ~ allow more time to finish your Christmas crafting this year!


A little something for my hockey player...


And something a little more girly for my dancer...


This was my first attempt at granny squares and they are so easy! Hazel pointed me in the direction of this YouTube video and it made them so simple. I also got a kick of telling people "I learned how to do it from YouTube"! Thanks Hazel!

10 comments:

Lorilee said...

Those are beautiful! And you just learned to knit last year? That is amazing! I love the one for your girly girl! One day, I will be as good as you! Well maybe not with knitting though, not sure if I am going to venture there...

Carol said...

Great job on both, Nicole. I have no idea how to knit so I always admire those who can :)

stitchinfiend said...

You did a great job on them. Granny square are easy and lots of fun to do.

nima said...

wow...that looks awesome

Sadie said...

Oh they are beautiful Cole! I bet your girls love them.
I use youtube a lot. I am teaching myself how to knit and it is so great to be able to look up specific stitches and to be able to SEE how it's done. Thank goodness for the internet! :-)

Tracey said...

Gorgeous work! And they look snuggly soft as well. :)

Mylene said...

Both looks lovely, great job!

Pumpkin said...

WTG Cole! Great job :o)

Siobhan said...

Wow!! Beautiful job. My daughter is just learning how to knit & crochet and she's found You Tube to be a great help. It's amazing what they have on there!

Lisa said...

The scarves are beautiful. You did a great job and I know that the hockey player and the dancer will treasure them!