Followers

February 3, 2010

I Bought Myself a Present...

I haven't really shared any stitchy related purchases made on this here blog before, but this time I couldn't resist! I've mentioned before that I didn't own a real pair of embroidery scissors. Well, in the last couple of weeks I've treated myself to not one, but two pairs! I'm a little excited, especially about the pink ribbon ones, they're so pretty!


The cut of aida is to make a stocking for DH, my next big project. I'm not sure when I'm going to start it since I have BoInk and the Sunflower Checkerboard already on the go. I was thinking of maybe making it an Olympic project... is anyone else starting anything new for an Olympic Stitch-A-Thon??? Let me know, I'd love to keep tabs on progress with you :)

Happy Stitching!

14 comments:

Meadows08 said...

Watch out for those embroidery scissors, you buy a couple pairs and then WHAM, you're collecting them! Oh wait, that's me!

Great stash. I love when bloggers post what they buy. We enable each other with our purchases!

Blu said...

Cute scissors. I really like the pink one.

Lorilee said...

The pink ones are super cute!! Hmmm...maybe time for a shopping trip!

And that Lizzie Kate pattern looks really fun too!

stitchinfiend said...

Beautiful sissors and I agree the pink ones are beautiful.

Mylene said...

Love the LK pattern and great looking scissors.

Ann said...

Embroidery scissors have somehow multiplied in my house!!! Don't know how it happened so watch out! Love the ones you bought.

Lisa said...

As per many of the comments above..."collecting" scissors is adicting; kind of like "collecting" stash :)
A stitching olympics, that sounds intriguing. I know that I need to have some kind of inspiration like that to get me going on a couple of projects/exchanged due in march and my MW.

Carol said...

I love treating myself with stitchy things now and then, Nicole...We deserve it, don't we?!!

Your scissors are so pretty :)

Siobhan said...

Good for you! I only recently treated myself to a 'proper' pair of scissors, too. Every now and then it's good to treat ourselves well, so we can spread it on to the rest of the family. :)

staci said...

Your new scissors are lovely! It's good to treat yourself now and again. Of course, if anyone ever saw my scissor collection, they might say I overdo it!!!

Theresa said...

I've got myself my first pair of "real" scissors last year and let me tell you, once you started, it is sooo difficult to resist getting another one, and another, and another.... Those beautiful scissors are just too hard to resist!!!!!

I don't have anything new started right now but I know I will be sitting in front of the TV stitching during Winter Olympic!!! I'm a big figure skating fan~

Vinniey said...

Beautiful scissors. :)

Daffycat said...

Careful, scissors are addictive!

I love seeing stash. It is fun to see what you are planning on!

Pumpkin said...

Awesome stash! I have a pair of those pink ribbon scissors and love them too :o)