Followers

February 9, 2010

TTE Too Scissor Case Exchange for Anita

It's been a little roller coaster around here the last little bit. My younger daughter has been quite ill. She'd had a fever for over a week and had been diagnosed with Strep, but treatment wasn't working. We took her into emergency on Saturday evening where she was diagnosed and immediately started treatment for Kawasaki Disease. Thankfully, we were discharged last night and things are looking up *fingers crossed*. There's still some more tests & appointments we need to take care of, but doesn't really matter as much since she's home now! I may be a little bit absent around blogland for the next little bit as things get back to normal around here :)

I thought I'd post since I saw on the TTE Too blog that Anita received her scissor case exchange I had sent her. Anita and I had each other for this round, I shared the case I received from her earlier this month.

Hummingbird Scissor Case and Fob
freebie pattern from Cross Stitch Happy


And some extra photos :)

Here's the front of the case...


And the back...


I decided to also make Anita a matching fob. This fob turned out so cute & tiny ~ I think I need to make one for myself! I also stuck a penny in it for a little weight since it was so tiny.


Anita, I hope you enjoy your exchange!!

12 comments:

Lorilee said...

Really nice Nicole! And I am so glad to hear that your daughter is feeling better! I imagine it was a scary time! Take some time to recoup and then get back to some stitchin'! Take care!

Siobhan said...

Wow, very nice!! Beautiful work, and finishing! Hugs and prayers going out to your family as your daughter recovers. Poor thing! I hope she's quickly on the mend.

Nancy said...

Your stitching and finishing is just gorgeous!

Get well wishes to your daughter! I hope she recovers quickly.

staci said...

So sorry to hear that your daughter's been ill...hope she is doing much better now.

That is a really gorgeous exchange! The pattern is so sweet and your stitching and finishing are flawless!

Mylene said...

Beautiful pieces you made for the exchange.

Best wishes to your daughter, hope she feels better soon.

nima said...

wow...that looks very pretty

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Hopefully your DD will be up and at it very soon and you can resume life as you know it, with stitching too of course. Your scissor case and fob are so pretty.
Be always in stitches.

Pumpkin said...

I hope your DD is doing much better now. How scary :o(

I LOVE this set! Can you explain how the case was sewn together?

Carol said...

Beautiful stitching! I'm sure Anita loves the set...

Hope your daughter is improving each day--my nephew had that disease when he was little... Very scary!

stitchinfiend said...

That is one beautiful sissor case love it.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I hope your daughter is doing better!

What a beautiful scissor case and fob!

Mare said...

Hope your daughter is doing better! Lovely stitching the case exchange and fob!