Followers

March 5, 2010

3 weeks?!?

How does time disappear so quickly?? I can't believe that it's been almost 3 weeks since I've posted!! The last little while has been so busy it's insane, and only bound to get worse over the next little bit. But such is life :)

My daughter's dance studio is hosting a dinner and silent auction this weekend. I decided to crochet another granny square scarf and try my hand at a pair of wristwarmers to donate to the auction. Please pardon the picture, the batteries in both cameras were dead and there were no others to be found! DD took this pic with her cell & emailed it to me.


The wristwarmers were from a pattern in The Complete Idiot's Guide to Crochet Projects and were so intimidating at first, but so easy once I figured it out... and, I'm learning how to read a pattern! Hooray for me!

Cross your fingers for me that they bring in a buck or two for the studio :)

Thanks so much for visiting!!

11 comments:

Mylene said...

Great job on both the chrocheted pieces, looks lovely.
Goodluck with the auction.

Lisa said...

The crochet pieces look lovely and I am sure that they will brin in money for the studio. What a wonderful project! I love those "Complete Idiot" and "Dummies" books. I have used them for so many different things - knitting, better understanding of hockey and party planning (when I worked in the party planning industry).
Take care!
Lisa D

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Oh the wonderful fund raising of a dance studio, that sure took me back to when my DD danced for 8 years and it was like home away from home. I DO NOT MISS THAT IN MY LIFE NOW...Nice work and the colour combo works well.
Be always in stitches.

Carol said...

Great job on your latest crocheted pieces, Nicole...Hope the dance studio raises lots of money!

Deb said...

That's a great idea for the auction! I'm sure that someone is going to scarf (no pun intended) them right up!!

Vinniey said...

The crochet scarf looks lovely! Hope this beautiful scarf earns you some bucks for the studio! Thanks for visiting my blog and letting me a chance to discover your beautiful blog. :)

Meadows08 said...

What a great thing to donate! I hope it does well.

Siobhan said...

Good for you, learning how to crochet! My daughter is teaching herself, too, and I have planned out a bunch of things that I want her to do. ;) I hope they did well at the auction!

Pumpkin said...

Lovely Cole! Maybe I should pick up that book if it works that well ;o)

Vinniey said...

Congratulations, Cole! Please visit my blog for an award. :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a great contribution for an auction.