Followers

March 22, 2010

An Award!

Wow! Thank you to both Andrea and Vinniey who have both chosen to award me with the Beautiful Blogger award :)


The rules:
1. Accept the award
2. Thank the person who gave you the award
3. Add a link to the person who gave you the award
4. Put the award on your blog
5. Write 10 things about yourself others may not know about you
6. Pass the award on to 10 others

First for the hard part ~ 10 things about me. Let's see if I can keep it interesting...

1. I don't have an athletic bone in my body. I am so thankful that my children don't take after me when it comes to this!

2. I am addicted to Pepsi.

3. I've had my best friend since we were preschoolers. We were very, very close growing up. And our daughters share a birthday!

4. Birds freak me out. I blame this on my dad and my brother. They can laugh about this and I still can't.

5. Confrontation is something I try to avoid. In doing so I can sometimes get trampled because I always try to make it easier for the other party. I am also guilty of not being able to tell people no. I am definitely trying to work on this.

6. My husband and I were teenage parents. I thank God that we have beaten the odds and made our relationship work. Many people didn't believe that would happen. We have now been together for over 16 years & will celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary this summer.

7. Pigs are my favorite animal. Many people think that this is why I don't eat ham, but it's not true! And besides, I love bacon... :)

8. Every day I try to have some "me" time. With three kids and a full-time job, this is not always an easy task. Sometimes this involves locking myself in the bathroom.

9. My entire household (ages 7 - 35) is addicted to Glee.

10. This was waaaay harder than I thought it would be!

And now for the easy part - nominate 10 Beautiful Bloggers!

1. Sharon - It's Daffycat

2. Carol - Stitching Dreams

3. Hazel - Quietly Stitching

4. Cathey - Pumpkin Patch & Co.

5. Lorilee - Mommy's Delights

6. Yoyo - Dragon My Needle

7. Meadow08 - For the Love of Cross Stitch

8. Nancy - Lovely in Chocolate

9. Nima - Made to Treasure

10. Mylene - mylene's blog

And I'd also like to send it back to the two lovely ladies who sent it to me, and to all the other Beautiful Bloggers! There are so many beautiful blogs I visit, and new ones I stumble across all the time, which are filled with so much inspiration. Thank you :)

* * * * * * *

I've been so far behind lately, with stitching and posting and everything! My computer at home has been down - I just hooked up the laptop tonight. I think my kids were going through withdrawals! And, add on to that - work has been insanely busy. I work in an accounting firm, heading into the busiest time of the year! Add on to that the fact that we're short/new-staffed, it's been crazy.

I guess what I'm getting to is the fact that it's probably going to be pretty quiet around here over the next 6 weeks. I'm just looking forward to sitting in my "groove", picking up fabric and thread and STAYING AWAKE!! LOL

Have a wonderful week my friends :) TTFN

10 comments:

Theresa said...

I love to read these things about you!!!! Thanks for sharing~~

Also, I'd like to give you another award, if you'd like to visit my blog and collect it~~

nima said...

Thank you so much for the award...i'm honoured...

thank you so much for taking part in my blog giveaway

Nancy said...

Thank you so much Cole! I will put this on my blog with my next post.

It was fun reading about you. We share number 5!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Congratulations Cole, what a fun way to start a day and learn about our blogging friends along the way.
Be always in stitches.

Daffycat said...

Thank you so much Cole, I am honored!

Hazel said...

Thank you for the award! I'm addicted to Pepsi too. Well, Pepsi Max. xx

Vinniey said...

You're welcome, Cole! Glad to know you a little better. Have a wonderful week ahead.

Pumpkin said...

Congrats on your award Cole!

I want to thank you so much for thinking of me and giving me this award. Unfortunately I don't accept awards on my Blog anymore :o( I certainly understand if you want to award it to someone else. It means a lot that you did pick me though :o)

Siobhan said...

Congratulations on the award! I enjoyed reading about you. We're huge Gleeks here, too. We just had the sectionals episode and now are on break till it starts up again in the US. I hope it comes on soon!

Carol said...

Thanks so much for the award, Nicole--I love your blog, too!

I am another who tends to avoid confrontation...

My sister and her husband were teenage parents, too, and have also beaten the odds--it takes a lot of hard work, but, as you know, it can be done...