Followers

June 13, 2010

TTE Pincushion Exchange for Vivian

I saw on the TTE Too blog that Vivian (no blog) received the pincushion I stitched up for her. 


Summer is Just a Chirp Away
San-Man Originals ~ Newsletter Freebie
36 ct Edinburgh linen
recommended DMC


I backed the pincushion with the fabric shown.  This was the first time I backed a piece with printed fabric instead of whipstitching it with the same fabric used for the stitched piece.  Not as scary as I thought it would be!


This was the first exchange where I sent to someone in my own country... and would you believe it cost me the most to ship out of all the pieces I've sent out before?? I couldn't believe it! Next time I might have to go with courier instead of the post if I get a partner within Canada again :)

Now I'm off to finish up my next exchange piece, it's due in the mail this week.  Then maybe I'll get a little BoInk stitching in, I think it deserves a little attention today.

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Pumpkin said...

So sweet Nicole :o)

I KNOW! Isn't shipping within Canada ridiculous????

pj said...

What a cute design for summer! Great job! I also love your Stitching Santa ornament from Ina. I noticed you mentioned she does not have a blog...would you mind asking her for more information about this chart. I would love to stitch it for some stitching friends gifts. pjstitcher@mchsi.com

Theresa said...

This is absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!

Melanie said...

This is so adorable!! I just love it. :)

Mylene said...

This is such a cute design!!

Carol said...

What a cute, chubby little bird! You did a wonderful job on him, Nicole :)

Deb said...

Very, very cute. I'm sure that Vivian loved it!!

MrsB said...

Soooo cute!

staci said...

That is a really cute pincushion! It's so sweet and cheery :)

Angela P said...

I had to laugh because I know it's cheaper to mail to the States than it is to someone else in Canada too! Crazy but true. Cute finish :)

Meadows08 said...

I LOVE that little bird! You did such a great job, the fabric you chose to finish is perfect too. Do you know how I would be able to get the chart?

Lynn B said...

Very cute!

Tatkis said...

Oh, it's such a cute pincushion! I'm sure Vivian was happy to receive it!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

vivian said...

I do love this adorable pincushion. I love birds and the stitching is so petite and perfect. thank you again.
vivian
ps: it cost me $3.00 less to ship to New Zealand...go figure?!!!

Siobhan said...

Oh my gosh, that is too sweet! Great finish.

Elaine said...

Snap I've just stitched that one too. It;s such a cutie, love how you finished it. The fabric looks really pretty.

Le blog de marylin said...

Hello I write you of France, your small pillow is simply magnificent very beautiful realization, best regards marylin

Myra said...

I love it Cole. The colors just say summer!