Followers

July 27, 2010

For a Little Boy

Recently DH's cousin added a sweet little boy to her family.  The shower was organized quickly without a lot of notice (as can be the case quite often with our family, we're not the most organized sort!) and so I whipped up these washcloths to add to her shower gift.  I think she thought they were doilies for his dresser, but that's okay by me too :)


Sylvan Star Washcloth
Free pattern can be found on the Lion Brand website here
(you need to create an account to access the patterns)

I love this washcloth pattern.  I'm usually able to crochet this washcloth in under an hour, and you know I'm all about instant gratification :)

* * * * *

Thank you for all the feedback on the question regarding walnut shells in my last post.  There's some great suggestions in the comments, feel free to go have a look!  I think I have a clearer direction of what I need to look for now, so I'm going to try PetSmart again.  I am curious though...  looking at the locations of the various people that commented, it seems the Canadians are the ones who've had difficutlies finding the walnut shells.  I wonder if this is any indication as to the availability here???   Once I have another peek at the pet store I'll be sure to share whether I find them or not!

Thanks for stopping by today!  I love hearing from you and value your input into my projects, so thank you for your comments! I've been visiting blogs but have been a little slack on my commenting in the last little bit, but fingers crossed my work will ease a wee bit after this week and I'll have a little more energy to do so.  On the bright side, tomorrow is hump day ~ halfway to the weekend!  And it's a long weekend this weekend, yay!

8 comments:

Meadows08 said...

Doily or facecloth, at least they're appreciated!

Any luck finding crushed glass? Let me know because I can always bring some when I come to AB this weekend!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Good luck on the Walnut shell search. The face cloths are adorable and apparently multi purpose,
Kudo's to you.
Be always in stitches.

natalie said...

What a thoughtful gift!

Melanie said...

Facecloths are always a great gift. I always make some of those at Xmas time for gifting. :)

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Darling washclothes - I can see why she'd mistake them for doilies.

Pumpkin said...

Very cute! I'm sure they could be used as either!

Yes, please post what you find out because I'm curious now.

Don't worry Cole, we all get behind at times. It's called life ;o)

Vinniey said...

Beautiful washclothes! I love them both, lovely colors combination. :)

Suzanne said...

This is a great gift!