Followers

July 12, 2010

An update.. of all sorts :)

It's been quiet here on the stitchy front lately...  We disappeared for a week and a bit for some camping and then to visit some friends of ours.  I packed a pile of stitching and took it with me, but didn't cross one single x!  Instead we've been enjoying the sunshine:


fresh air:


the water:


and meeting new friends:


And with that comes my pitiful TUSAL update for this month...


The only thing I've picked up lately has been BoInk.  The yellow and blue on top are from that, there's a little green and orange from the border in there too and that's just about all that's been added this month.   And here's where BoInk sits at as of tonight:


And now I'm stuck on this last motif I've been working on, I can't seem to make a decision.  The pattern has orange stitched in the middle and I can't decide if I like it or not (click here to see the design as charted).  I've been looking at this all night and it's driving me crazy!  I think I'm going to move on to the next motif and just mull it over some more.  Any opinions???  Here's a close up of this corner...


Thank you for stopping by today!

10 comments:

Danielle said...

It's nice to step away from the world for a while sometimes. Go with the orange! I like it.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

I agree, the orange will be nice but ultimately you have to like it, so go with your gut instinct. Nice to see the vacation pictures, Thanks for sharing.
Be always in stitches.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

fun pictures! I think the orange center will go nicely with the orange in the corners.

Carol said...

Looks like you had a wonderfully relaxing camping trip! I think the orange would look very nice, too :)

Deb said...

Your piece is looking beautiful. I think that orange in the center will look good as well.

Melanie said...

Great pics! :)

Pumpkin said...

Looks like you had a great time even if there wasn't any stitching ;o)

I say go with the orange because I think it will balance it out.

Meadows08 said...

I like the orange, it pops next to the blue.

I have a question: do you have a LNS or do you get your stitching supplies online? It would be nice to have a needlework shop to visit when I visit my mom this summer.

Mylene said...

Great pictures, looks like you had fun!

Dani - tkdchick said...

That shot of kite flying is just superb! The sky looks so rich! Great composition too.

I'd put that orange in, it kinda adds a little to that block!