Followers

August 31, 2010

For the Birds Exchange for Missy Ann

On Friday I received an email from Missy Ann letting me know the HoE For the Birds Exchange I sent her had finally arrived!  Usually it only takes about a week for any packages I send to get to the US and this time is took three weeks.  But Missy Ann assures me that she likes it and it arrived safe and sound, so all is good :)

As soon as I saw this design I could only picture it finished as a needlebook.  I was a little worried when it worked up as small as it did but decided to still go ahead with the finish as planned.  It turned out so tiny, it fit into the palm of my hand!





birds by Heart in Hand
32ct Queen Anne Lace
Hand Dyed Jobelin
Recommended DMC
JABC button

This was also the first time I used a blanket stitch, before I had just attached the felt with buttons, but I think it turned out okay :)

Truth be told, I was a wee bit nervous when my partner info arrived in my inbox and I saw Missy Ann's name...  she's an excellent finisher who has some really neat ideas.  I mean, who didn't see her 13 Days of Halloween event last year and all the neat finishes she did for her giveaways? Wow!

I still have lots of good things to share with you all, including some crafty goodness my girl has been up to, but I think that's about all I have for today.  School's back in tomorrow and we're looking forward to getting back into routine around this house!  Although it may be off to a rough start since it's after 11 now and I still have little people who haven't hit dreamland yet...

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!

18 comments:

nima said...

wow...lovely..beautiful finishing

Tatkis said...

Such a beautiful needlebook!
I like those birds, they are so sweet :)

Have a happy 1st of September!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Mylene said...

Great job! Beautifully finished!!

Hazel said...

Gorgeous Nicole! Love it. x

Vonna said...

What a lovely needlebook for a special lady, stitched and finished by a special lady. Congratulations! It is a gorgeous exchange piece to receive!

natalie said...

Cole, it is darling! I love the blanket stitching on the felt. :)

staci said...

Adorable needlebook! You've finished it perfectly!!!

valerie said...

I saw this on Missy's blog. It is so cute! You did an awesome job on the finishing too!

Meadows08 said...

Great job! Your little needlebook turned out so cute!

Lindsay-ann said...

Your birdie needlebook is gorgeous. I am sure your swap partner is delighted with it.
Lindsay
x

Sandrajay: said...

Your exchange is lovely and I like the way you finished it! Great.

Parsley said...

It's cute that you turned that into a book. I'm not happy with my finishing skills yet but someday...this is on my list.

PaisleyJade said...

Well done - that is so tiny and cute!

Melanie said...

It's adorable!! :)

Pumpkin said...

I think it's ADORABLE Nicole :o) You did a fantastic finishing job if you ask me.

Sally said...

Your needlebook is so cute Nicole.

Nancy said...

You did a beautiful job on the Birds needlebook, and I think the fact that it fits into the palm of your hand makes it all the more special!

Suzanne said...

What a lovely needlebook. You did such a great job with the finishing.