Followers

August 11, 2010

Summer Adventuring... and a TUSAL update!

**Warning**
Picture Heavy Post :)

We've been adventuring again this summer.  This seems to be the summer of "pick up and go".

We've spent time visiting with family at the lake, getting in some fishing and water time.



Spending hours in the van watching the miles pass by.


And loving every minute of our destination :)














And we haven't had our fill yet as we're leaving again tonight!

So ~ I've managed to add a little bit to my TUSAL container this month.  This was mainly my last exchange piece and a little bit of BoInk stitching. 


And I've spent all that van time (and then some!) granny striping away...  This is working up so quickly and I'm loving each and every stripe!!


Thanks for sharing our adventures with me!  I hope your summer has been having its fair share of adventuring too :)

18 comments:

Rachel D. said...

I love your blanket. I should really make one myself.

Bonnie Brown said...

I LOVE the colours in your blanket.
Can't wait to see a picture of the full blanket!
Great pics. Looks like you had a great time

Pumpkin said...

Great pictures Cole!

Love your afghan too :o)

valerie said...

How fun...the pictures are great! I love your afghan so far. It makes me want to make one for myself!

Danielle said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the blanket. Can I have it? Just kidding. But not really. LOL. You've seen some great sites on your trip.

Hazel said...

Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh great pics esp that granny stripe. Looking great! Yeah lets get Valerie on board. x

natalie said...

What a fun trip! And your granny strip is marvelous...if you don't want it, I will gladly take it off your hands!

natalie said...

Oh my gosh! Granny STRIPE!!! Not strip. Granny strip would be horrifying.

Lisa said...

I love spontaneous adventures like that and they are the ones that the kids remember (for the stress comes in when you sit down and plan). Looks like a lot of interesting places you all have visited. I can't wait to see where else you go!
Take care and enjoy!

Carol said...

Your post makes me wish my kids were little again and we could just pop in the car and take a trip to some random spot! Hope you have more wonderful adventures as the summer winds down :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

What great summertime adventures great memories for the whole family!

What a great blankie so far!

Tatkis said...

So nice and interesting pictures! I like to discover new places :) Thanks!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Lindsay-ann said...

Your pictures are amazing. I loved seeing them all. It looks so beautiful and interesting there. Glad you enjoyed some special family time together.
Love the blanket too.
Lindsay
x

HJB said...

love the pictures too ! whoever took them must be some photographer ! ;D LOL

Vinniey said...

Wow!! Looks like you have a fun trip with your family. Thanks for sharing all those beautiful photos, especially love 11st photo; I think I don't dare to walk on that bridge. Your crochet granny is looking great, Cole. :)

Mylene said...

Great pictures of your trip!

Lynn said...

Everything looks great... holidays, crochet, and wow, yes, what a great photographer, lol!!!1

PaisleyJade said...

Loooove your granny stripe blanket - that's just what I'm working on at the moment (as you'd know). So cool crocheting in the car (except when people point at you and laugh ;)