Followers

September 9, 2010

Back in the Groove

We're back in the groove again...  for a lot of people September means getting back to school and settling into a routine.  For us, it seems to mean that out routine is shot and we spend a whole lot of time at the ice rink. 


But I don't complain too loudly, I love watching them play and it also ends up meaning extra hooky time for me :)




Yes, the Granny Stripe is the hockey project at the moment!  Remember last year's project?  This one will be finished soon, but I have the next one all lined up and ready to go!

There are people that like to tell me that needlework (either crochet or cross stitch) is for old ladies and accuse me of carrying my "granny bag" around.  It gets quite frustrating and I feel like yelling "IT'S NOT JUST FOR OLD LADIES!!".   So I was tickled pink to see PaisleyJade's new Flickr group "Craft Nerds Going Public!"  You can read all about her idea behind the group here.  Feel free to join us!

10 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Oh yeah - that is super cool you crocheting at hokey practise!!!

Hazel said...

Looking good! I think I had better just pop by that group. x

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

YEAH WELL, back where I come from those who have something to say about others who take their work with them can't wrap their heads around not having idle hands. How boring that would be. I, personally take my stitching EVERYWHERE. I keep one in my purse, one in my car and that doesn't count the one usually stuffed in my winter coat pocket.
Be always in stitches.

natalyK said...

I love the Granny Stripes blanket. I love that you do your needlework in public. If more people do it it will be considered the norm. I always feel a sense of accomplishment when I keep my hands busy during practices and music lessons etc.

Lindsay-ann said...

I will have to check that group out. I think people who say that have absolutely no taste at all! Enjoyed seeing the ice rink pictures. Looks like a great way to exercise and have fun.
Have a great weekend. Happy stitching.
Lindsay
x

Hillery said...

I'm 35 and I love to crochet, although I haven't done any in over 6 months. I have been too busy cross stitching. I think that crocheting for me is more of a winter sport. Ha ha. Love your Granny Stripes. I've seen these around on a lot of blogs. I might just have to get started. Do you follow any other crochet blogs? I'd love to know of some great ones. I follow Attic 24, her projects are so colorful. Sorry to ramble. Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day.

Meadows08 said...

How rude of people to say you're carrying a granny bag! I take my stitching volleyball tournaments, music lessons, the orthodontist...

Pumpkin said...

I just LOVE this afghan! Hey, at least 'you'll' be warm at the rink ;o)

I get that a lot too. People look at me like I have 10 heads. There is no shame in being artistic and...different ;o) ROFL!

Siobhan said...

I love love love that afghan!! Can you imagine the wasted time that others have, just sitting there, not creating things with their hands while their eyes are busy watching their kids? It's those people that I feel sorry for!

Ann said...

Craft Nerd is a good name for us needleworkers - I like it! Love your crochet, I keep thinking about having a go too.