Followers

December 17, 2010

For the Teachers

Well, it's almost 1:00 in the morning before the last day of school before Christmas break, and the teachers gifts just got finished!!

They totally slipped my mind this year... We don't do very much for our teachers, but like to recognize how important they are to our family. Well, my memory was jogged after dinner tonight when my daughter asked me what she would be giving her teacher tomorrow for Christmas. Oops!


So we sent DH to the coffee shop to pick up some little gift cards and coffee cups, while the kids and I rifled through the yarn and button stash to pick out what to use for the gifts. Then I sent them to bed, settled down on the couch with Season 1 of Desperate Housewives and whipped up these two coffee cozies.



I love these!!  I think they may be my go-to gift from now on :)  They were super speedy (less than an hour each) and the options are endless too!

The pattern, none really!  But here's what I did ~ chain 30, four rows of basic double crochet and Lucy's edging on the top and bottom (same as my granny stripe blanket).  One side has a loop of 6 chain stitches for the button hole and attached the button wherever it would hold secure on the cup :) 

Thanks for stopping by today!

13 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Awesome gift! You did a great job - I would have been out of luck to come up with anything that great on such short notice!

gracie said...

Good quick thinking! And what a nice thoughtful gift for the teachers.

Annie said...

Those look super. You are so clever to come up with that idea and have it turn out so good on the first try!

Carol said...

What great gifts for those hard-working teachers! I used to always stitch a little something for my sons' teachers and to this day (some 20 years later!) if I run into any of them, they still comment on the little Santa pictures that I stitched for them years ago...

staci said...

Way to go! You whipped up an awesome gift that the teachers are going to love :)

Parsley said...

Those are so cute!! I have a friend who might want to 'steal' this idea.

Lisa S said...

What a cute idea!! I'm sure they will love it!
This has to be the frist year I had my son's teacher gifts done 2 weeks ahead of time LOL I am usually scrambling at the last possible minute trying to finish stitching something :)

Pumpkin said...

Well that was brilliant!

I'm glad I'm not the only one forgetting things these days...

Tatkis said...

Great idea, and I love the colours :) I'm sure teachers would like them very much!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Meadows08 said...

What a great idea! So creative!

valerie said...

Great gift idea...they look so cute and useful! I'm sure the teachers' will love them!

Karen said...

How nice! Great idea for a quick gift.

Melanie said...

Very cute!!