Followers

January 4, 2011

First TUSAL Post of 2011

Wow ~ 2011....  it still feels weird to say that!

Anywho, today is the new moon and in keeping with the rules for the TUSAL, I'm posting my pic.  I've decided to continue my jar going this time as there's still lots of room.  I started a new jar at the beginning of last year and still have my old ORTs from the first year of the TUSAL.  I originally thought I may combine the two, but the old one is actually full now as I've been tossing all my yarn clippings in there from the crochet work I did this year.  I don't know what to do with them all, but it seems like a shame to throw them away!    DH thinks it's silly, but I'm sure you all understand ;)  We work hard for our ORTs dang it!!


Not a very good shot, but it's late and dark, so what can you do?  And yes...  I still have my Christmas decorations up too...  Does anyone else?  What's your normal time to take them down?  We normally tear down anywhere in the first half of January, and this year I'm hoping we'll get the chance to put it all away by the end of this coming weekend. 

Thank you for stopping by today!

11 comments:

Stitching Noni said...

Hi there, don't worry our chrissy decs are still up too.... I always taken then done the first week in Jan, so they will be coming down on Friday when I have my day off.

Well done on saving your crochet threads, they all add up!

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

gracie said...

Normally I would leave my decorations up until Jan 6...but this year I just wanted them down...so they disappeared on the Jan 2.

Loretta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Loretta said...

(Deleted previous comment due to grammatical errors.)

My christmas decorations are still up. I want to enjoy my Nutcrackers and pretty lights as long as possible. I will probably start taking them down this coming Sunday after my annual brunch with SIL and her family (I like them to see the decorations.)

I threw out my 2009 TUSAL collection but I have kept 2010s and I am using the same jar to continue collecting in 2011.

Parsley said...

You already have lots in your jar!

Yes I'm going to frame my little hearts SAL. It's my first so it's special to me.

Have a great week.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Yup,my tree is still up! Just because I haven't bothered to take it down, but it will get all packed up on the weekend.

Jan said...

Am I addicted if I recognize your Nativity set as being from Partylite?

Meadows08 said...

I love your nativity set, it's gorgeous.

Stitching Noni said...

Hi Cole, just popped in to say thank you for stopping by my blog! Really appreciate your visit and comment on Thomas. You should get your Thomas framed :-)

See you again soon

Cheers
http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

Ziggyeor said...

I like your big orts jar.
I only had 3 things put up to decorate for Christmas though I still have a big box down here that needs to go upstairs. I was subbing in a class all December so I brought a little tree and some lights so they could decorate the classroom.

I go to my parents home for Christmas so I can never get in the mood to decorate when I'm not going to be here to enjoy it.

Daffycat said...

I love your tall ORT jar! I cannot bring myself to throw mine away. I may have to get a giant jar one of these days!