Followers

January 14, 2011

Stitching? Really?!

Well, a little bit anyways :)  I've been working on my North Pole stocking some lately.  Not too much, but there's been a lot done since the last pic I posted, in February!  I wish I could have found a little bit of a darker blue fabric since the chimney smoke doesn't show very well, but it'll be ok.


And there's a BoInk pic too!  I hang my head in shame on this piece, both Rebekah and Andrea have finished theirs and I'm slowly plugging along on mine.  And I mean S-L-O-W-L-Y too!  I've only managed the four little red blocks and not quite all of the bottom centre block since I last posted a progress pic in July!  I think I remember something about having to post a weekly update?!?  Just call me Slacker ;)


And what helps me get over the fact that there's not much stitching going on?  Why dreaming about stitching of course :)  I acquired all of these lovely stitchy books & magazines over the holiday season and there's resulting in all kinds of wonderful stitchy dreams...


And crochet ones too!


Aren't those vintage crochet magazines amazing?  The publishing date is 1964.  My grandma came across these in the book store she volunteers in and scooped them up for me for Christmas.  Along with a couple of those cross stitch magazines in the other pic and the book.  And a big bag full of embroidery hoops, about 20 of them or so.  And she shared some treasures with me too, like this beautiful petit-point necklace:


I don't know if you can see the detail in this little flower, but I put the dime beside it to show how small it actually is.  Definitely a treasure.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you had a wonderful Friday!

11 comments:

gracie said...

What an amazing necklace! I love vintage magazines/books on needlework. I have several Neelework mags from the 1920's.

Hazel said...

Ooooh you're going to have a lot of fun with those crochet mags! Love your wips. They will soon be finished. Beautiful necklace too. x

Kathy said...

The necklace is just gorgeous!

I know what you mean about the stitchy dreams. I only wish I could stitch as fast as I can dream and visualize it. :)

Nancy said...

Your stitching projects are so pretty! The North Pole stocking will be wonderful, and I think the smoke shows up just fine. I love the silhouette of Santa and his reindeer.

Enjoy your treasures, and yes, the necklace is amazing!

Tatkis said...

Oh, your projects are beautiful, wish your stitching dreams come true ;))
And necklace is fantastic, congratulations!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Pumpkin said...

OMG! That pendant definitely IS a treasure! WOW!

Those are some great books and magazines your grandmother found :o)

I'm sure you'll post some good progress pictures soon now that you've committed yourself ;o) LOL!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your WIPs are looking lovely, I really like the stocking.

That necklace is just lovely!

Carol said...

I can't imagine stitching anything that tiny!! The necklace your grandma found is really beautiful...

Love seeing your progress on the stocking and BoInk, too, Nicole--they both are stunning!

Meadows08 said...

What awesome gifts from your grandma! I love the petit point necklace.

Suzanne said...

Nice work on your stitching! What wonderful gifts your grandmother gave you.

Michelle said...

Great progress on your stocking and BoInk is gorgeous!