Followers

March 21, 2011

Stitch Red Exchange from Diana

Today's mail brought my Stitch Red for your Heart Exchange from Diana.  Such a sweet package to be sure.  Diana stitched a tiny little needlebook for me full of specialty stitches, and sent along this great bag too :)

{my apologies for the totally crappy picture}

And a closeup of the needlebook (with a much better photo!)...


A nice treat for a Monday, for sure!  Thanks Diana!  Now if the package I sent out would only arrive at its location...

This last weekend was a busy, busy, busy one!  We had dance competition on Friday and then filled Saturday and Sunday with 5 hockey games between the two kidlets... It was playoffs, unfortunately my son got knocked out on Saturday and didn't place, but my girl played four games this weekend and her team finished 3rd.  An awesome finish for a team that were considered the underdogs by many teams in their division.

{a pic of my little guy from the weekend}

Since I knew I would be spending many hours at the rink this weekend, I decided it would be a perfect time to start a new blanket :)  Friday night I started the Log Cabin Granny from Dutch Girl Diary.


I am loving this!  There'a almost one more full round of colors on it already, it's so bright & cheery, just perfect for the gloomy, snowy, rainy first day of spring!

Thank you for stopping by today!

8 comments:

Karan said...

Gorgeous exchange gifts & the new blanket looks great> Lovely action shot of your DS. :0)

Sally said...

What a lovely exchange piece you received. Very pretty.

Beautiful blanket.

Melanie said...

What a great exchange. :)
Can't wait to see the blanket when it's all done up! You are off to a great start. :)

Tatkis said...

Such a cute needlebook and a bag!

Log Cabin Granny blanket looks great!!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Carol said...

Oh, I remember those busy days running kids around to all their activies! I'm surprised you have any time at all for your creations...

Your granny blanket is looking lovely--gorgeous colors :)

Pumpkin said...

Those are some lovely treats in the mail :o)

Love your new project!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a cute needlebook you recieved! Oooh like that granny blanket!

Suzanne said...

What a great exchange you received! I really love the granny blanket, it's an unusual design.