Followers

March 24, 2011

Stitch Red for Your Heart Exchange for Faye

I received the most wonderful, sweetest email from Faye tonight letting me know that the piece I stitched for her for the Stitch Red for Your Heart exchange arrived in its new home.


Quaker Scissor Fob
by Sharon Manspeaker @ Cross Stitch Happy
32ct Mushroom Lugana & DMC
freebie found here



And some goodies too...


Unfortunately this piece and I didn't get along... AT ALL!!  I think I spent almost as much time frogging this piece as I did stitching it, which explains all the red in my last TUSAL post!  I was almost finished and found a major counting error which ended up in restitching almost the entire back side of the fob!  Grrr...  But in the end I love how it turned out, and I love the new coffee cozy pattern I found that crocheted for Faye too.  (I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing more of these!)

Thanks again for the lovely email Faye...  I'm soo happy you are enjoying your exchange, and thanks for your patience!

Wishing you all a wonderful Friday tomorrow (yipee!) and an awesome weekend ahead :)  Hockey has wrapped up for us for the season now (yipee again!) and I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend...  I don't think we have ANY plans for Sunday, and with fingers crossed that I won't have to go in to work, I don't even think I'm going to get dressed!  haha!  We're rolling full gear into the our busiest time of year, only 39 more sleeps until our tax filing deadline!!  So, needless to say, it might be a little quiet around here over the next few weeks.  Hopefully it will be a better year than last year (323 hours in the month of April alone) and I won't be away too much...  I get grumpy when I get behind on my stitchy bloggy reading :)

Thanks for stopping by!  Your visits and comments are appreciated more than you know :)

9 comments:

valerie said...

Beautiful exchange for Faye! Love the coffee cozy! All day PJ day is right up my alley. I hope you enjoy and relax.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Pretty exchange for Faye, I'm sure she loved it.

Good luck with tax season - I can just imagine how busy you will be.

Tatkis said...

Lovely red stitching fob! And additions are very nice too ;)

Hope that your weekend would be peace and quiet :))

Hugs,
Tatyana

Sally said...

A lovely exchange package for Faye. The fob is gorgeous.

Melanie said...

It's beautiful!! :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a lovely excahnge you stitched up, red is my favourite coulour!

Pumpkin said...

Sweet finish Nicole! Nice package you sent Faye :o)

Suzanne said...

Love the scissor fob and is that a cup cosy? Great package you put together.

Siobhan said...

What a beautiful exchange!

Taxes--ugh. Hope things go smoothly for you.