Followers

August 8, 2011

A Blankie

Our family seems to be in a baby boom.  There's always a something happening with a hook and yarn for little people lately.  This blanket is one of the latest...  finished a while ago, but not quite on time like I was hoping for.  Not my fault he arrived over a week early!


Granny Square Baby Blanket
RHSS ~ honeydew, buff and aran

This is my first granny square blanket and I tried joining the squares as I went.  I wasn't totally happy with the corners but learned a few things as I went along and will probably be doing it again I'm sure.  Sorry for the crappy pics, we haven't had a very nice summer here, and I was rushing to take pics so we could give the little man his blanket.

Looking at my finishes for 2011 so far it appears that I've been bit by the crochet bug, and hard... Only one stitchy finish in the list so far!  Well, it's soon to be two since I have an exchange that's due out in a week.  I finished the stitching today and am planning on trying to get it finished tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

Tatkis said...

Oh, it is such a sweet granny squares blanket! I hope to crochet one for my little sister one day :))
It looks so cosy and lovely!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Ninu said...

Love the colours you chose!looks so pretty n soft!

Carol said...

Your blanket looks great, Nicole--I'm sure the baby loves it, too :)

valerie said...

The blanket looks so comfy. Great job! I am sure the baby will love it!

Pumpkin said...

I just LOVE the colors in this blanket! Great job Cole :o)

Melanie said...

Love it! :)

Casa Pearl said...

This is lovely and I'm sure it will be a well loved and treasured gift. There's something so special about a hand made gift.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Patti

Siobhan said...

What a fantastic gift! Lucky baby. :)

Suzanne said...

What a lovely blanket, I really love the colours you chose.

I seem to have be bitten by the crochet bug, but I think that's wearing off now.

Jeanne said...

Oh that's way cute! It's good to see people crocheting again so enjoy yourself. For awhile it seemed like it might die out. I'm going to try those tips from your last post about commenting as I've been having that same problem - keep signing in but Blogger still doesn't recognize it in terms of commenting.

Hazel said...

It is gorgeous Nicole. Love the colours you have chosen. x

Lynn B said...

Love the blanket, it's gorgeous!

Lynn