Followers

April 1, 2012

The Liebster Award!

I've been awarded the Liebster Blog award from Andrea.  Thanks Andrea!

Liebster is a German word, meaning "favorite, dearest or beloved," and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition.  The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
4. Share five random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
 
 The Blogs:

Phew, that was the easy part!  There are so many wonderful blogs out there, it's so hard to pick.  But this award has been making it's rounds and I don't believe it's made it's way to any of these talented ladies yet.  And now for the hard part... 
 
The Facts:
1.   I've been blogging for almost four years now (that part you know), but I get so nervous every time I hit "publish post".  I love to share my thoughts & projects, but I'm a wee bit self-conscious about what everyone will think when they read it.  I wonder if that happens with everyone, or if I'm just weird like that?!?  I would have thought that I'd be more comfortable with it by now.
2.  Birds scare me.  I blame it on my dad, my brother & Alfred Hitchcock.
3.  I'm a homebody... there's really no other place I'd rather be than home with my kids.  And DH too of course ;)  We love having movie nights where we're all piled up on the couch with blankets & popcorn!
4.  I'm discovering different avenues of social networking...  I've recently joined Twitter & Instagram.  I've been having fun with them, but that same nervousness applies.
5.  We've never owned our own home.  I'm hoping that will change before the end of 2012.

Well, there you go!  Five talented ladies that I hope you all will go & visit!  As well as five random, totally useless facts about me :)

We're in to April now, which is a heavy work month for me, working for an accounting firm and all.  So I hope I'll be able to poke my head in another time or two this month yet.  I started a new crochet project yesterday that I'm pretty excited about...  Socks!  I hope to have an update to share soon.

Have a great week friends!

7 comments:

Ziggyeor said...

I can't wait to see your socks. I did get this award earlier but I hope to make sometime to visit the other blogs. Thanks!

Daffycat said...

Congratulations on your award, Cole!

Yeah, I'm self-conscious too, even after several years!

Congratulations on moving toward home-ownership!

riona said...

Thank you for the award ... this is only the second time I have seen it mentioned in my Internet surfing and regular reading. Now to mull and come up with five more awardees and five silly factoids.

Chris said...

Congratulations Cole!
It is great knowing more about you!

Toni said...

Congratulations on the award Cole! You deserved it.

Hugs,
Toni

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congratulations on your wonderful award!!!

milly said...

Hello

just found your lovely blog.

Your stitching is lovely.
Congratulations on your award, I enjoyed reading your random facts!

Your crocheted blanket is great and your Grandson is a little sweetie.

Well done to lovely Ethan having his hair shaved for charity - what a little dude!

Happy stitching!