Followers

October 17, 2012

It's Been Awhile...

I've been out of the groove for a bit... with the move and everything else my stitching/crafting mojo has left me for a little while :(  Well, maybe the mojo didn't exactly leave, just all of my energy did!

But we're settling in, getting unpacked and soon pictures & curtains will be hung I'm sure.  We are waiting on contractors to install new windows in the living & dining rooms.  That should happen within the next two weeks and then we can really get settled! 

All that said, the crafting front has been slow, with not too much to show for it, but there has been little snippets of things happening here & there!  Most of which I've been sharing on Instagram, but here's a little bit for you, seeing as I needed to dust off the old blog and get an update on here!

Stitching:

A wee bit has happened, mainly gridding fabric for a GIANT (to me) project I can't wait to actually start!  I need about 10 more lines of gridding and then I can get started with the actual stitching. 


I've also signed up for the next round of the Perpetual Christmas Ornament Exchange on the Hooked on Exchanging board.  Partner info comes out this weekend and then I can choose my design!

Crochet:

I dusted off the hook this last week!  It felt soooo good to play with yarn for a little bit, I put it away over Christmas break and barely have touched it since.  My wrists have been feeling pretty good over the last while so I decided it was time to test it out again.  I pulled out the blanket I have on the go and wow, I only had half a row left to finish for the body of the blanket!  Now it's weaving in ends & border planning time...  Thankfully I wove in most as I went along, I just got lazy towards the end :)


Afghan pattern from Dutch Girl Diary

Crafting:

A finish!  This was soooo much fun!  There's a group of us gals that get together once a month for "Ladies Night" and this month we went to a place called Crankpots to paint ceramics.  We got our pieces back yesterday and yaaaaaayyyy!  I am so in love with the piece I painted!  I think there's a few of us that are going to go back next week ;o)


I guess that about sums up what I've been up to.  I still haven't tackled the boxes that have been piled into my craft room...  I can't believe I have that much stuff!  There's likely some purging & definitely some organizing that has to happen in that space, but that's another post all in itself!

Happy Wednesday peeps!  Thanks for stopping by this dusty old space ~ I'm dusting it off, I promise! ;o)

8 comments:

Theresa said...

Totally understand your lack of energy to do anything else after a move... Don't worry, I'm sure it will all come back once you're settled in!!!

Chris said...

I hope that you are settled soon and can get back into a routine. The crochet and ceramic piece are lovely.
What is the griding for? Any project that requires gridong is not for me.. I have no patience :)

Parsley said...

Moving is a real drain on time and energy. Love your crochet and ceramic. I'm a sucker for Rudolph.

Tatkis said...

Oh, you've been busy!
I love your painted plate, and the crochet blanket looks great!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Melanie said...

I don't blame you for not having any energy. It can take monthssss to fully recover from a big move. The plate is ADORABLE and the blanket is just in time for the cold weather. Good timing for your hooky groove to come back! :)

Carol said...

Glad you are finally getting settled in and have a bit more time to be creative, Nicole! Your blanket is so pretty and the plate is so cute... Hope you get those new windows in soon--winter is on its way :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

A move can sure be exhausting!!! Glad to see you're crafting again!

Katie B said...

Moving is so draining but it looks like you are starting to get your crafting mojo back.