Followers

January 19, 2013

I Said it Would Never Happen...

It's no secret that we have a bit of a love for duct tape around here, is it?  I don't know if people know how much fun we really have with it though!  My heart beats a little faster when I'm flipping through flyers or browsing the aisles at Michaels and see that it's on sale.  Haha, cause I can always justify "just one more print" if it's on sale, right?

Anywho, a while back I was browsing the duct tape in Walmart when I saw this...


I pulled out my phone and snapped a pic, I had to post this pic on Instagram & Facebook... "Oh my.... This is one #ducttape print that WILL NOT make its way into my craft room! Yikes!"

I couldn't believe it!  I mean there are soooo many fun patterns of tape, but really?!?  Did they have to go this far?? 

And then comes Christmas & our family gift exchange...  one of my sister-in-laws kids got my one niece who has Beiber Fever.  The first thing she did was call me and ask me "Where did you find that Beiber duct tape?  What can you make for us to give her with it?"

How can I say no to a handmade gift for one of my nieces???  I was doomed!

So late one Saturday night my SIL Sherry came over with a roll of duct tape and Hannah and I were put to work.  The making of these bags is definitely a two-man job (at least in my experience!).  Sherry sat & laughed at us and stole my camera...  here's some of her pics.






Haha, I never knewthat I stick my tongue out when I'm fighting working with duct tape until I was looking through these pics afterwards :P 

The trickiest part of this one was trying to align the print.  Normally I don't bother, or it doesn't matter, but it was important for this one.  Considering that, the finished product turned out better than I would have guessed!



I wish we had better pics, but it was late & Sherry was taking the bag home with her.  Sorry for the glare, I couldn't get one without it!

**I do have to say though, this duct tape never did get into my craft room...  we were in the family room the whole time.  Likely because the craft room is still a huge mess of boxes from the move.  ;)

12 comments:

Christina said...

I'm definitely not a Beiber fan but your bag is super cool! I would have loved a new kids on the block bag back in the day! ;0)

Annie said...

That is too funny! Now I have to investigate duct tape for crafty possibilities!

Cindy's Stitching said...

that is so cool. I love duct tape lol

Chris said...

Wow, I bet she was thrilled with that bag!

Siobhán said...

LOL at the bag! I'm not a Beiber fan--but that's a pretty neat idea!

Carol said...

What a great job you did on that bag, Nicole--who would have thought Justin Beiber would be on duct tape :)

Erica said...

OMG!!! What I want to know is.... how do I get a roll of duct tape with MY face on it??!! ;)

Love the tote you made. Pretty genius.

Bonnie Brown said...

OMG!! BURN THE DISPLAY!!!
I am really not a fan of that kid.
Great tote though (besides what is on it lol)

Zurainny Ismail said...

Your niece (and super-bieber fan) must be thrilled with the tote!:D

Melanie said...

Haha! That is pretty cool.
I'll let you in on a little secret...........I have one of his songs on my iPhone. Just one though. (What? It has a nice beat for my exercise mix. I totally pretend it's not him, too. lol)

Dani - tkdchick said...

I saw this in WalMart over Christmas and thought the world has truly ended we have Biebs duct tape!

Suzanne said...

Oh dear! At least the bag turned out fab!