Followers

January 24, 2013

IHSW ~ January

Last weekend, for the first time, I joined in on the International Hermit and Stitch Weekend (IHSW) for the first time over at Joysze's blog.  I didn't have a lot going on last weekend and it seemed like the perfect time for me to jump in and join everyone else!  I stitched solely on the HAED I started this month and here's my progress...

Before:

And after:


Sorry for the crappy phone shot...  I went to pick it up again last night and remembered that I didn't grab a pic :)

There's a wee bit of progress, but not really a lot like I had hoped for!  I think it's hard to see progress on a HAED too, unless it's drastic, especially when you're working in a section with so many similar colors like this part.  It might be easier to see if I took before and after pics of the highlighted portion of the pattern!

I had a lot of fun joining in, browsing the other blogs linked up and anticipating my stitching time, even if I couldn't commit as much time as I had hoped for...  But we did lace a hockey net, does that count?

I'm looking forward to the next one - I think it's normally the 3rd weekend of the month (somebody correct me if I'm wrong!).  The third weekend in February is a long weekend here - woohoo!

Thanks for stopping by friends, I hope the sun is shining in your neck of the woods!


9 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely progress for IHSW.

♥ Nia said...

Nice progress :)

valerie said...

Great progress for your first IHSW!

Anne said...

Wonderful progress! Yes, third wknd, and it's a long weekend for me too. woohoo - 4 days of IHSW! :)

Siobhán said...

Sweet progress!

Marcy said...

Such pretty colors! and good progress.

Melanie said...

It looks like good progress to me! It's all solid stitching so I know how long that takes. Little bit at a time. :)

Kate said...

awesome progress!

Dani - tkdchick said...

You made great progress over the IHSW!