Followers

February 20, 2013

IHSW ~ February 2013

This last weekend was the third weekend of the month, bringing us another IHSW (International Hermit and Stitch Weekend) hosted by Joysze.  It was a long weekend here, although I don't know that it meant anything for me, I worked Sunday morning & all day Monday!  My busy season has begun :S

I worked a bit on Butterfly Ballerina Blue... 
before

after

I was thinking that there wasn't as much progress as it looks like to me now, yay!  I guess I did manage to fit in a fair amount of stitching time :)  Maybe by the end of 2013 I'll get to the end of page one! 

A question for HAED stitchers ~ I'm stitching 1 over 1 on 25ct, but just realized that the pattern says 2 strands...  how do you stitch your HAEDs?  I think I have adequate coverage, especially since so far it's been mainly only lighter grays that I've been stitching and it seems ok, so I'm thinking maybe that will just matter if you're stitching on a darker fabric?  Any thoughts?

Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely progress for IHSW.

Tama said...

Your progress looks wonderful! I only use one strand on HAEDs on 22ct or smaller. I tried two strands like the pattern recommends and it's very bulky and hard to make your stitches lay prettily. I get great coverage with everything except black on brightly white fabric, but even then the coverage is still fairly good.

♥ Nia said...

Nice progress! :)