Followers

September 26, 2013

HoE Exchange for Karen

I saw on the Hooked on Exchanging blog that Karen received her ornament I had stitched for her for the Prairie Schooler ornament round.  It seemed to take forever to arrive in Australia, a full month in the post, and Karen said the package looked like it had been through a war zone by the time it reached her post box!
 

 
Winter's Eve by The Prairie Schooler
Gift of Stitching ~ November 2010
stitching on 32ct black linen
with recommended DMC
 
 
I finished it differently than I normally do, attaching it to a little felt pillow that I blanket stitched together, with some rusted bells & ribbon.  I have to tell you, this is my FAVORITE ornament finish to date ~ I hope Karen feels like it was worth the wait ;) 
 
In case you missed it, I have a giveaway happening on my last post ~ a copy of the 2013 JCS ornie preview issue in case you missed grabbing a copy when it was on the shelves!  I'll be drawing a name on Sunday :)

8 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Wonderful finish! I can see why it's your favorite! Great job,

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Wonderful finish! I can see why it's your favorite! Great job,

Karen said...

That is a cute finish! Will need to "file" this one away. :)

Mii Stitch said...

This ornament was well worth the wait!!! Beautiful!! So much care & attention to details :) Would fit nicely in my sitting room for the festivities :D

Carol said...

What a wonderful finish!! I love the piece stitched on black and it looks great applied to the little felt pillow :)

Catherine said...

Wonderful finish!

Melanie said...

Super nice!!!!! :)

Tatkis said...

Adorable Christmas ornament! I'm sure Karen loves it!

Hugs,
Tatyana