Followers

November 7, 2013

Halloween 2013

This was the first time in a number of years that duct tape wasn't a part of our Halloween costume making.  It was also the first time in a long time that I couldn't convince at least one of my kidlets to create a costume themselves...  :(

It wasn't the case for me though!  In September, my girlfriend & I decided we were going to go as the same thing and planned out our costumes together...  We gathered up everything we needed and got to work.

It was my first experience with RIT Dye...

And it worked!  (please don't mind my dingy basement LOL)


Our costumes needed a hat with them, and we just couldn't make what we had work like we wanted it too.  So out came the crochet hook & some yarn.


Any ideas yet??  
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Are you ready???
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And here is our costume...  with the most awkward feeling "selfie" photo ever ;)


IT'S A MINION!!!

I found this crochet pattern on Ravelry and got right to work.  These were started the Friday before Halloween, and finished on the Tuesday, with one whole day to spare! 


I also love any little thing that can make holidays just that extra little bit special and memorable for the little ones in our lives.  So when I saw this idea on Pinterest, I knew I had to make these Halloween loot bags for Chance and all of our little nieces & nephews.


Aren't they fun??  I just love them!!  And they all loved the special treat they got when they came by to show Auntie their costumes :D

5 comments:

Nima said...

wow..that's a awesome halloween stuff..the loot bags look cute with the spiders on...very creative

Anna van Schurman said...

Cute costume!

Carol said...

Oh, such a cute costume!! Who doesn't love the Minions?! What great loot bags, too :)

Catherine said...

Love, love, love!!!!

Melanie said...

MWAHAHAHAHAHAA! I love it! Too too cute.
I just love those little buggers. Do you have the game app for that movie? It's super cute, though not terribly easy to play after a point, and they keep updating it with new goodies so it hasn't been abandoned or anything now that the movies are done (for the moment?).