Followers

January 5, 2015

The Holiday Handmades :: Sent Far Away


This year, for the very first time, I felt I was ahead of the holiday crafting madness...  and I was so less stressed and disappointed with myself, it felt good!  Only one project remains to be finished (still!) but I hope to rectify that this week.
 
My sister lives in Indiana and I'm lucky if we see each other every couple of years.  We don't usually exchange anything, but after she commented on a Facebook post of something I had made, this year I decided that she needed a little handmade love sent her way.
 
She had told me that she loves the slouchy hats and her colors and we settled on the Shanti Hat by Robyn Devine.  I decided that a matching set would be fun for her and also made a pair of wristers.
 
I neglected to take some pictures before sending off the package and so Alli sent me some when she received her package.
 

Shanti Hat (Ravelry link)
Tween Style Wristers (Red Heart Pattern)
Crocheted with Red Heart Soft yarn

And a pic of my beautiful sister wearing them too.  She assures me that her car was in park ;)

 
I also included a handknit dishcloth in the package, you know... just cause.
 
There are a couple more things to show you still from the holidays, hopefully will be sharing them here soon.  As seems to be my habit lately, I don't have pictures and need to wrangle up my girls - and try doing that when there's still sunlight in January!

5 comments:

Hazel said...

Gorgeous set for your sister. Well done on being so organised. x

valerie said...

Great job Nicole! They'll keep your sister warm and toasty this winter. Happy New Year!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Very pretty

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous set. I can tell your sister loves it. Handmade items are such a special gift. Take care.

Melanie said...

Very nice!!!! :)